R Baby Mother's Day 4M/Kids' Races05/10/09
R Baby Mother's Day 4M/Health Walk (1.3m)/Kids' Races
Sunday, May 10 / 4M - 8:00 a.m., 1.3M Health Walk - 9:00 a.m., Kids' Races - 9:30 a.m.
Central Park, New York / S, Q (4M Run Only)
Registration for the R Baby Mother's Day 4M on Sunday, May 10, is nearing capacity. Like all NYRR races in Central Park, this event is capped. Those wishing to run are urged to register ASAP. Registration will close and a notice will be posted on this site when the cap is reached. Please note that the 1.3M Health Walk (which is NOT a scored, qualifier) is still open.
Spend Mother’s Day in Central Park running or walking to help R Baby Foundation raise awareness for infant mortality and the critical need to improve emergency medical care for all infants. Participate in the 4-mile race or the 1.3-Mile Health Walk and bring your kids (ages 2-12) to the kids’ races. Join us after the race for fun activities for the entire family. Don’t forget to participate and pledge to raise awareness for R Baby’s cause.
Start on Central Park 's East Drive near 68th Street. Head north on East Drive and continue to the 102nd Street Transverse. Turn left/west across the transverse and then left/south on West Drive. Continue south to the 72nd Street Transverse, turning left/east to the finish line.
Entrants are required to pick up their numbers, scoring chips, and race souvenirs at Niketown New York / Atrium (6 East 57th Street between 5th and Madison Avenues) on:
- Thursday, May 7, 1:00-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 8, 1:00-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 9, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
On race day, Sunday, May 10, entrants may pick up their materials in Central Park at the Bandshell at the following times:
4-Mile: 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. (Registration and number pickup will close at 7:30 a.m.; absolutely no exceptions.) 1.3-Mile Health Walk: 7:15 to 8:15 a.m. Kids' Races: 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. Donations and Pledges
Your registration fee covers administrative expenses for the race. Raise funds and donate to help save babies lives. Funds raised will benefit life-saving support programs in hospitals in your neighborhood.
Make A Difference This Mother’s Day
- Join us to help save babies’ lives while enjoying a fun-filled Mother’s Day in Central Park.
- Sign up to participate in the race, walk, or kids’ run at www.rbabyrunwalk.org.
- Invite others to join you or start a team at your company.
- Download a team kit at www.rbabyrunwalk.org.
- Join our “virtual walk” if you cannot attend by creating a personalized fundraising webpage at www.rbabyrunwalk.org.
- Double your dollars through a matching gift program at work. Ask your human resources department for details.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with activities, races, music, and more, while making a difference for babies everywhere!
- Check out rbabyfoundation.org for more fundraising tips.
After the race, enjoy a fun-filled family festival at the Bandshell including entertainment and family activities. An awards ceremony will be held shortly after the race at the Bandshell. Awards will be given in all NYRR running categories. [Awards Breakdown] Volunteer
NYRR Members Jr/Sr Members Non-Members
No refunds, exchanges, or transfers on entry. No credit cards accepted after number pickup begins. Cash or check only.
You must provide your NYRR member number on event day to receive your member discount; otherwise you will be charged the non-member event fee.
- Begins: May 10, 2009
- Ends: May 10, 2009
Central Park , New York, NY