NDIANAPOLIS - The USA Track & Field Foundation Chairman Bob Greifeld and Executive Director Tom Jackovic announced today it has awarded 30 youth grants to track & field clubs throughout the country. The grants assist young male and female athletes with expenses such as travel to meets, equipment, uniforms, awards and facility rental.
“Most of these clubs and schools are located in disadvantaged areas, so it’s very fulfilling for our donors to be able to help these at-risk kids,” noted Jackovic.
The Foundation encourages youth track clubs and programs from all areas of the United States to apply for financial assistance. The Foundation favors the use of grant money to expand existing youth programs/clubs, to provide additional competitive opportunities for children and to enhance the experience for all participants. Preference is given to clubs that are based in low-income areas. It also favors programs that have a history of solid financial management, multiple funding sources and community support. Allowable expenses include equipment, uniforms, meet fees, travel, facility rental, staff and volunteer training, and outreach. Additionally, all grant recipients will be asked to promote and embrace the principles of USATF's Win With Integrity program.
- Asheville Lightning Youth Athletics (NC), $2000
- Austintown Community Track Club (OH), $1500
- Chicago Area Runners Association (IL), $3000
- Cross-Country For Youth (NC), $2500
- DC Express Track Club (GA), $1500
- Desert Devils Running Club (TX), $2000
- Eastern Jackson County Track Club (MO), $2000
- El Paso Athletic Track Academy (TX), $400
- Evergreen Storm T&F and XC Team (WA), $1500
- Garden State Track Club (NJ), $1500
- Grace Beauty Speed Organization (MD), $1500
- Hercules Running Rebels (CA), $1500
- Lightning Spikes Track Club (GA), $2000
- Mark Trail Athletic Association (GA), $2000
- Motor City Track Club (MI), $1500
- New Jersey Impulse (NJ), $2000
- Newbrook Elementary School PTO (VT), $600
- Park Flyers Track and Field (MN), $2000
- Rockford Park District (IL), $2000
- Sacramento Speed Factory (CA), $1500
- Skip Program (PA), $1500
- Southside Pioneers T&F Club (GA), $1500
- Speed Unlimited Track Club (WA), $1500
- Superior Track & Field (CO), $1500
- Throwing and Growing Track Club (MO), $2500
- United Age Group Track Coaches Association (PA), $2000
- USA Wings Track Club (CA), $1500
- Vail Vipers Track Club (AZ), $1500
- Valley Speedsters (PA), $1500
- Woodstock Youth Track Club (VT), $1500
Recipients of a youth club grant will be contacted directly by the USATF Foundation within the next couple of weeks.
The USATF Foundation provides a means to attract and guide funds to new and innovative track and field programs with an emphasis on providing opportunities for youth athletes, emerging elite athletes, distance training centers and anti-doping education. The Foundation depends upon donations from its Board of Directors and from generous fans of track & field.
For more information, or to contribute to the USA Track & Field Foundation visit www.usatffoundation.org or contact Tom Jackovic at (412) 398-2484 or email@example.com.